MOVE ONN  

Posted by d.s.v

Technology has got some weird impacts on our daily life, on our behavior, and even on our daily routine jobs. I am gonna quote on such an instant which was happening for long but could realize only recently. Yesterday I went to Archies to get a Teddy to gift my sis on Rakhi. The moment I entered the store some nostalgic feelings got wrapped around me!!! Just a second, Archies is quite synonymous with GREETING CARDS right? Do you remember the last time you bought a greeting card? I am still scratching my head. As far as I remember I didn’t give a card to my girlfriend on her last b’day also. GREETING CARDS which I always preferred them to GIFTS just got undetectable by my eyes, brains. ufff BY MEEE… I always enjoyed shopping/ selecting cards for my friends. It used to be a platform to showcase my Calligraphic Skills, my taste related to the quotes (which according to me was important reason to get a particular card). I still remember, I used to scribble on my notebook the new fonts to be used for the new card to be purchased. In this regard I was really a big hearted guy helping my friends in selecting a card and giving them final touches. I always enjoyed doing this stuff and was very passionate too. It was one of my favorite hobbies and the letter ‘S’ being my favorite. I even spent more than 500 bucks for those calligraphic nibs. Times have changed now, now thanks to the internet and SMS no one bothers for a CARD and double thanks to these free fonts available on net and various Photoshop actions for text effects, calligraphy has taken a back seat. Finally and Frankly, it HURTS. It may not be a big deal, but deep inside me, it does. Then I realized that one needs to MOVE ON with the technology and therefore I picked up Photoshop. During my calligraphic stage, I was just focused on TEXT and Fonts but now with Photoshop, I started playing with pictures, editing it my own way. Its fun actually, though time consuming. The end product makes the time spent/wasted worthwhile especially when people around you shower some praises on you. And with the startups like ZOOMIN helping you, you are a happy geek all again At the end of the day I was able to create a small niche again which I used to enjoy 2-3 yrs back. So technology really does helps. I don’t know what the umpires have to say. Their decisions are now under scanner. It helps when Steve Bucknor is on the fields. Hoping Simon Toufel gets the least reviews made by the players.

This entry was posted on 6:35:00 pm and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments